Saturday, July 5, 2014

Ramadhan Kareem Abroad

Salam, Hi and Anyeong.

Salam Ramadhan to all Muslim around the world. May Ramadhan this year is blessed by Allah and we hope that we are still able to meet with Ramadhan more years to come. Ramadhan, a very blessed month for all Muslim, everyone have been longing for this month including myself. The first week of Ramadhan is successfully ended and as for me, it is my first time to have my Ramadhan far from family and alone.

The first few days of Ramadhan, I had my iftar alone. Since I'm the only Muslim in the house, of course I'll be fasting and having iftar by myself. It would be great though if they want to accompany me, but heh, they didnt know much bout Ramadhan besides, I can eat more peaceful while enhancing my Korean by watching drama (I know this is bad). 

Fasting at Korea starts at 3.26 a.m and the iftar at 7.57 p.m . Pretty much bout 17 hours of fasting. Luckily the current weather is not too hot although it is summer time, but it is so thirsty. Although I didnt speak to much thorough the day, but maaaaan, thirsty gila doh. So the first sip of water after eating a Kurma is such a bless. I could drink 2Liter of water in one shot ( no, I lied). Classmates and housemates are pretty curious about Ramadhan. They knew that during Ramadhan we can't eat. But they dont know that we also dont drink during Ramadhan. I only can help them to understand a bit more about Ramadhan by explaining in a simple word. And I hope it is okay.

So far, they didnt ask me extreme questions yet and I'm thankful by that. I believe I cant answer it properly if they attack me with hard questions. But it is good that they are curious about Islam and I try my best to give a good impression about Islam. They do thinks that praying 5 times a day is tiring and plus with fasting the whole day is kind of not acceptable. I challenge them to fast with me at least for 1 day but still allowed them to drink. And they...are still thinking bout it. 
And uuuhh, they found that Dates is very interesting. Let them taste the dates and they were awed with the taste. I want to save the Dates for myself but I also want them to taste dates. Happy that they can accept the taste. Added another info about Islam in their knowledge.

And soo, since Wednesday until maybe 9th July I already found partner for my iftar. My neighbour from Kerteh is currently at Korea for work. So, Cikda invited me to have my iftar together with her. Although I'm feeling a bit shy, but I also can't help feeling happy and blessed that someone invited me for iftar. At least for about 1 week I able to have a proper and balanced meal for my iftar. The first few days of Iftar I only cooked instant foods that I brought from Malaysia (Mee Safwa, Nasi Ibrahim). Sad huh? Too lazy too cook only for one person. Nevertheless, after this will cook a proper a balance meal so that I can have energy thorough the days. Although I want to lose weight while I'm in Korea but unbalanced meal is so not okay. 

Oh uuuhh, I just found out that I'm not the only Muslimah in Kookmin University. One of my classmates is also a Muslimah. Found out when Mrs.Gyeong Jin asked who else is Muslim because it is Ramadhan. From her appearance, I didnt know she is Muslim. I knew she is from Kazakhstan but dont know she is Muslim. It feels good that I have a Muslim classmate.



  nah belanja gambar berbaju kurung kekonon sopan dekat Kookmin University.


Sorry that I'm too lazy to upload pictures here.
All pictures already directly uploaded at IG account
and some also in FB.
I'm just too lazy to upload maaaaan. 
Let's hope I found the diligentness in myself to take picture of scenery.
Not the picture of myself. 

Happy Ramadhan to all Muslims around the world
:D



Next week the whole Korean Language Students will go to Lotte World!.
Takara and I can't wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bella, done read this. heh. Nnti update lg ye.

~salam rindu from Kerteh~

ihik.Kawani. =p

Anonymous said...

belbulbellllll... rindu kamu. fighting3.. puasa penuh taw ;)