Friday, June 27, 2014

Kookmin University Start!

Salam, Hi and Annyeong.

The day I've been waiting for has come!. Already in Korea since 17th June together with Mama,papa and Adik. They stayed with me for 1 week and then they off to go to Malaysia again leaving me along in this big city with less Malaysian people that I know. Nevertheless, Ms.Yoon and Yeong Jin from Inspired Step is currently taking care of me. Well, since I'm their client, they at least should do that right? hee.

The first week of class at Kookmin University ( 국민 대학교)just ended today (27 June 2014) and all I can say is I really enjoyed this class. I couldn't remember when was the last time I enjoyed being in class. I mean, I'm so every excited to go to class everyday. I did all the exercise given regardless how many it were with happy mind. Maybe because it has been my dream to study at Korea from along time ago. Though I didn't further study in Master of Degree here, only Language but I believe that I might have a bright future by taking 3rd Language. 

So,let me start with my journey in being an independent girl in foreign country. Currently staying at Janghangpyeong and it took me 1 hour to reach Kookmin University. I have to take Subway Line 5 and then transfer to Line 4 and after that took a bus from Gireum Station (기름역) to Kookmin University about 10 minutes or less. Uh,yes. Since it took 1 hour to reach Kookmin University, I woke up so early. 1 hour early before departing. After arrived school, wait another 1 hour before the class start as it start on 9 a.m and I arrived school at 8 a.m.

The first day of class, I kinda get into the wrong class. I confidently went up to the class and sit in that class with two students. The students didn't say anything so,I make my own thing (selca of course), but maybe because I'm feeling a bit anxious, double checked my name and at that time I saw lots of student gathering in front of the board and our seniors said to go to the stated class. And yes, I'm in the wrong class and I hope the two students didn't remember me at all. It was embarrassing okay. Too excited huh nabilah? ㅋㅋㅋ.

My class consist of 12 students. 1 Malaysian, 1 Japan , 1 Russian , 1 Kazakhstan and the rest are Chinese students. Eyup. There are lots of Chinese students and also Russian students. And I quite shocked with the amount of Chinese and Russian students. I really feel like in global university as I'm surrounded with Chinese, Korean and Russian students. And my 선생님 is a pretty teacher. Lee Gyeong Jin is her name. And the other class have a handsome teacher. Luckily I'm not in that class. I dont think I can focus in class. Maybe I'll purposely make myself blur in the class to get his attention (hahahaha. I'm not that naughty though).

Surprisingly, I'm the only Muslim girl in Kookmin University there. Well, there are other Saudi Arabian students and they are male students. But at least there are other Muslim there besides me. They even have their own club room and the room is so spacious. The room are made for them to have their prayers. It feel good to know that I have a room to pray. And one of the Saudi Arabian student is kind enough to show me the room they went to pray. I really appreciate it. Well at least there are other Muslim rather than alone. There are several other Malaysian students but they are Chinese and I dont think they'll say "Hi" to a Malay girl. hahaha.

Currently still in search of other Malay people here in Korea. Already found 2 Malays here which are Adik's friend, Alia and Papa's friend's son, Safwan. And uh, bumped into several Malaysian students which are Malay when on the way back to home and yeaah we exchanged smile with each other. Ok not bumped. Glimpse? but huh, anyway we saw each other and I was like a lone ranger because they walked in group. Feels pity to myself. Like a lost child in other country. And I'm hoping that I can meet other Malay this Ramadhan as Safwan asked me to go break fast at Malaysia Embassy to meet other Malaysian there. Alia also willing to invite me to follow her. Alhamdulillah because I met such generous adik2 here. 

So yeah, what a long entry this time. So looongg. Please dont puke when you read this. More to come about me living in Korea later. And that only if I'm so diligent enough to right. 





sharing the same picture in FB because I'm so lazy to upload other pic from my phone and there's not enough picture and I'm lazy. the next post will be lots of pictures (i dont promise you).


Happy Fasting, Selamat Ramadhan Mubarak.
Selamat tinggal Onde-onde.
Stay elok2 dekat Malaysia tu ye.

No comments: